Bldg. 2, Suite C,
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Phone: (225) 295-8420
Click on the appropriate form for a checklist of requirements. You can complete the form online, print and mail it to the board office.
- AUCTIONEER APPLICATION
- AUCTION BUSINESS APPLICATION
- APPRENTICE APPLICATION
- RECIPROCAL AUCTIONEER APPLICATION
- RECIPROCAL BUSINESS APPLICATION
To qualify for a reciprocal license in Louisiana, you must reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, or West Virginia and be currently licensed in your home state.
If you are holding an auction in East Baton Rouge Parish, you will also need to apply directly to them for an auction license. The information for that license is located on the 'Laws / Rules' page under 'Auction Information'.
Surety Bond Information
2015 Renewal Forms
Forms were mailed the first week of October to the address on file for each licensee and business. If you didn't receive yours, they are available here.
Name Change – individual only.
Please contact the office to discuss how to change a business name.
Use this form to report a name change to the board. Name Change Request
East Baton Rouge Parish Auctions
In order to hold an auction in East Baton Rouge parish, you must apply for an auction license directly from them in addition to your LA Auctioneer's license.
For additional information contact the Department of Finance, Revenue Division at 225-389-3084.
Basic Auctioneer Licensing Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be citizen of U.S. or legal resident
- Must be of good moral character and cannot have a felony conviction
- Must have done one of the following:
- Attended and successfully completed a course of auctioneering at an approved auction school that is on the list of approved schools
- Completed a one year apprenticeship with a Louisiana licensed auctioneer
- Applicant submits the application, fee, and other documentation listed on the checklist to this office.
- Application is reviewed and scheduled for submission to the Board for approval. Incomplete applications will not be submitted to the Board for review.
- Application received after the deadline will not be on the agenda for the upcoming meeting, but will be held until the next scheduled meeting date.
Applicants are contacted by the board office to schedule the examination prior to the board meeting. Residents, Apprentices who have completed their apprenticeship, and Non-residents must sit for the examination. Only Reciprocal applicants are exempt from the exam.
To prepare for the examination, you will want to study the Auctioneer laws, rules, and auction information.
Notification of Approval:
All applicants will be notified of approval or denial of licenses. Applicants failing the exam may schedule to retest. Any applicant wishing to retest must submit an additional testing fee of $75.00
Business Licensing Requirements:
- All Business applicants are held to the same basic requirements as auctioneers with the exception of the school requirement. There are no pre-licensing educational requirements for auction businesses at this time.
- All auction businesses are required to employ auctioneers who currently hold a Louisiana auctioneer license.
- If the business entity is a foreign corporation, partnership, or limited liability company, it must be registered with the Louisiana Secretary of State and be authorized to conduct business in this state.
- An auction business may operate at more than one location, however it shall only operate under the name on the license issued by this Board.
There is currently no examination for Auction Business Applicants.